CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just some thoughts.....

I find myself "home alone" this afternoon....just me and the dogs. That is a pretty good thing except it makes me lazy. I have only had a desire this weekend to lay around and do nothing. And I must say I have excelled at it! I am working on perfecting it right now! Technically I am on a Fall Break and do not have a class coming up this week (so no homework!) and I am enjoying it. I am getting ready to start my very last class before I graduate in December. Yeah me! (I know..I know...it has taken something like 25 years but who is counting!) Anyway, this will be a doozy of a class from what I have read on the syllabus but I need it to graduate. So, the next 8 weeks are going to be rough but then I am finished.

I don't really have anything major to blog about so I will try some random thoughts.

Did you know that generic toilet paper will last FOREVER! It is totally against my religion to buy generic toilet paper but apparently it is not against my husbands. I thought I taught him better than that. Not only did he buy generic toilet paper but he bought the huge package. We have had the same package of toilet paper for 2 months.....I don't think we will ever use it all! I actually think it is multiplying.

Why do all boys/men want motorcycles? They are so dangerous. What is it?

I am so sick of hearing about the "campaign trail" and all the ridiculous stuff about the election. I wish it was over and the bad news given. At least then we could listen to actual news. Let's get back to the stealing, cheating, lying, killing, kidnapping, and all the other garbage, I mean information, that our news usually provides to us. It is actually very similar to the campaign news now that I think about it.

Along those same lines, the whole electoral college doesn't seem fair to me. Am I missing something?

For all you Myspace and Facebook fans out there, what in the world does "crunk" mean??? These websites allow you to put your mood on there and I see alot of people with "crunk" as their mood. I have no idea what that means and maybe I shouldn't be asking...I don't know...it could be bad I guess.

I use to really fuss at my kids about texting. I asked them "why do you text a whole conversation with someone when you can just call them?" I have a confession that I am now addicted to texting and have complete conversations with people by text. I'm not sure what the turning point was but I have definitely been sucked in! Try it!

I find exercise equipment is a great place to hang clothes.

I have a secret desire to be Samantha Brown. You know the lady on the Travel Channel that gets to check out all the great vacations, hotels, spas, etc. I want her job! How great is that! You always see her on cruise ships, private islands, luxury hotels. Seriously, where do you apply for jobs like that?

I think if I were Samantha Brown, one of the greatest things about the travel would be that you would never have to unpack. I don't mind packing but I cannot stand to unpack.

A couple of light bulb moments......

Pork Barrel spending - just figured out this week what that actually was. Who knew? I thought it was some kind of stock in pork. Who thought of that?

You know the wonderful song all Tennesseeans love...Rocky Top! There is a verse that says:
"Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top, Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top, get their corn from a jar
My daughter (20 years old who shall remain nameless but does have a blog of her own.....)just learned today that the corn from a jar was not canned corn. Imagine her surprise when she found out!

Like mother like daughter!!!

That is about as random as I can be for now. Bonjour!

6 comments:

Mitchell said...

love the blog baby...doesn't surprise me about the pork barrell spending thing or our daughters sudden revelation about "corn" liquor as apposed to "canned corn"....I know both of you girls are TRUE blondes. I was in a hurry the day I ran into the drugstore for toilet paper. They did not carry a large selection, I am SORRY about the mix up.

Love ya

Greg P. said...

Wow! Randomness is bustin' out all over! Very good, especially your innovative use of exercise equipment.

I didn't know they even made generic TP.

BTW, I left a comment on how to do the strikeout thing, but, I don't see it on this post or your last one. Did you get it?

Congrats on your soon-to-be graduation. Who cares how long it took, you did it! The longer it took, the greater the accomplishment. Good job.

Eddie said...

Blonde must be a happy state of mind. Pork Barrel and liquid corn. Now who would have guessed?
Right? I'm glad your graduating also, just worries me that there seems to be a few things you still need to learn.
Now that I've said that, let me say that as a Dad, I could not be more proud of you for working as hard as you do and sticking to the hard stuff and getting your degree. Your top notcy all the way and it's obvious that some of your mom stuck. Now I just heard from your youngest sister that she is going back to school and I am excited about that too. Love you bunches dad

AnnaElizabeth said...

Nobody tells you when you learn that song at like 5 years old that it means corn liquor.

Come on now.

BethAnne said...

Okay, I am freaking out!!! I just realized that you posted 2ce since I read your blog last! Something must be wrong with blogger because it is not notifying me of updates correctly!!! Breathe, Beth, Breathe.


Generic toilet paper from sams can last my family up to four months even though we are full of it.

Electoral college? Must have been invented by Democrats - it is stupid.

I want to be Samantha Brown so you cannot be her --- if you are nice to me I will take you on some of my all expenses spa treatment included trips though


When you wrote about Anna and Rocky Top = I somehow knew that is what you were going to say ----no surprise here ----hhahahahaha

Sandi said...

i like your randomness! BTW.......i have tagged YOU....read my blog and see!