CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

The Beach

We will call this the "beach survey"....keep reading and you will understand!

This is in response to Bethanne's survey and I assure you I will try to do better than my sister at following the rules and keep my answers to only one word.

1. Where is your cell phone? table
2. Your significant other? work
3. Your hair? blah
4. Your mother? home
5. Your father? home
6. Your favorite thing? beach
7. Your dream last night? weird
8. Your favorite drink? tea
9. Your dream/goal? skinny
10. The room you’re in? Bedroom
11. Your hobby? Homework
12. Your fear? SNAKES!
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Beach
14. Where were you last night? church (not all of us laid out!)
15. What you’re not? skinny
16. Muffins? Banana Nut
17. The last thing you did?laundry
18. What are you wearing? slouchies
19. Something you’re not wearing? socks
20. Your mood? sleepy
21. Your summer? Beach
22. Person you tag? All beach lovers

I would have liked to answer more of the questions with the word "beach". It would look something like this:

1. Where is your cell phone? beach
2. Your significant other? beach
3. Your hair? wet (from the beach)
4. Your mother? beach
5. Your father? beach
6. Your favorite thing? beach
7. Your dream last night? beach
8. Your favorite drink? Ocean water (at the beach) - that's weird I know
9. Your dream/goal? skinny (at the beach)
10. The room you’re in? patio (overlooking the beach)
11. Your hobby? walking the beach
12. Your fear? rain (while at the beach)
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Beach
14. Where were you last night? Beach
15. What you’re not? cold (at the beach)
16. Muffins? Banana Nut (eating for breakfast while watching the surf at the beach)
17. The last thing you did? walk on the beach
18. What are you wearing? bathing suit (only if #9)
19. Something you’re not wearing? shoes (while walking on the beach)
20. Your mood? rested (at the beach)
21. Your summer? happy (at the beach)
22. Person you tag? All beach lovers

I love the beach. I think I would like to live there but only if I do not have to go to work each day. I think that would surely take the fun out of it. I think it would be great to live in a tropical paradise from October - March and the mountains from April - September. Wishful thinking.....oh well, I guess I will have to be thankful for my one week a year at the beach.

Why do I love the beach? I'm not sure.......

CONS

  • I am pretty fair skinned so I don't tan really well.
  • I like to ride the waves but have become quite fearful of the sharks in the ocean (thanks to my husband)....and the pecker fishes in the ocean (Bethanne will appreciate that one).
  • Hurricanes would really stress me out.
  • I'm always afraid we will get sucked in the under toe, expecially my children
  • There are alot of strange creatures in the ocean that can hurt you
  • I am certainly not a "skinny minny" so a bathing suit is not my friend.
  • I really am disgusted and disturbed by some of the excess skin that others like to share with everyone at the beach.
  • There seems to be alot of drunk idiots at the beach....some places
  • I seriously hate seafood!
  • My least favorite thing is LEAVING the beach.

PROS

  • The sand - what better pedicure!
  • No allergies! No sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, and definitely no runny nose!
  • The sound of the waves is the most calming, relaxing sound ever
  • At the beach, I am on vacation...no work, no school, no responsibility - the greatest decision to make is "where are we going to eat now?"
  • Even though I don't tan to a beautiful dark brown color like my son, I do get a little bit of a tan - any additional color to my lily white skin is an improvement
  • Sleeveless shirts seem to be more acceptable - I have a weird thing about showing my arms but for some reason I don't really care when I am at the beach...explain that one?
  • Makeup - not a requirement
  • Fixing your hair to perfection - not a requirement
  • I have NEVER seen a snake at the beach - maybe they are there but I have never seen one - don't spoil it for me!
  • Walking on the beach - I can barely walk a time or two around the track while at home, but at the beach, I can walk like 10 miles beside the ocean and not even be tired! Why is that?
  • I really think I could be skinny if I stayed at the beach for an extended amount of time - due to the walking thing and the fact that the sun usually takes away my appetite
  • Where else can you eat like 30 popsicles one right after another and not feel bad about it....it's just part of the beach! (ask Bethanne)
  • The late afternoon nap - only at the beach can I take an afternoon nap and not think I am lazy
  • The last and final....no matter how large you think you are or how bad you think you look in a bathing suit, you will always see someone else that is bigger than you and looks worse than you (at least in your mind.....ugly but true!)

Many more pros than cons which helps explain my obsession with the beach. My husband and I will be leaving in 18 days to go to the beach. Two of our children, Anna and Zach will be going on a mission trip to Nicaragua and my oldest son lives 3 hours away from home.....so, we decided to take advantage of this and go to the beach for the FIRST TIME all by ourselves! We have had weekend getaways over the years, but this will be our first time vacationing for a week by ourselves. And, just as proven above, what better place to go! THE BEACH!!!!

(I warned you I was obsessed!)

Just a little side note that I am sure Bethanne will second.....we had an awesome vacation about 3 years ago when my Dad took us to Destin....don't you think that would be a great thing for him to do again??? Hint....Hint....Hint to the blog site "Eddie's Place".

5 comments:

BethAnne said...

I personally think that it would be so reat if our only daddy would take his only begotten daughters back to the mansion at Destin......

The only down side to the awesome beach house in Destin?

Those dern pecker fishes that pecked at my legs every day.

Eddie said...

It's obvious to me that Lisa and Beth are beach bunnies. I'm not sure what "reat" is but I too would think it to be "neat" if we could do that again. The real problem here is a thing called
"Mu la" "money" for those who don't speak Georgian. Now let's review the situation> I go to the beach and I invite all my children and Grand-children to go with me. Lisa is going to the beach in 3 weeks and I've not been invited. Beth goes in about 6-7 weeks and I've not been invited. Jenny is going on a cruise and I've not been invited. Something seems to be wrong with this picture. Those of you who read this, please let my daughters know that when their Dad gets old like I am now, they are suppose to take care of me rather than me going back to take care of them again. I do love my daughters big time.

alliekat said...

I believe that I am the only one with an excuse to not invite you to the beach. Being your favorite daughter, I most definitely would have invited you however, I knew that you would be in Honduras. Therefore, I didn't want you to feel bad because you couldn't go with us.....only thinking of you!

BethAnne said...

EXCUSE ME! You are always invited to join us on our vacations. Seems to me the past few years you have done just that. Is it my fault you dont want to go and see Mickey Mouse?

Mommyluann said...

What's up with all you sisters and your fear of snakes?????

cute blog!


and excuse me!!!! may I interuppt this sisterly feud to say I'm in need of a surrogate dad anyway so you too better shape up or I'm getting on the favorite list somehow!!! ha!