CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Has it been 2 weeks?????

That is so hard to believe that it has been two weeks since I blogged. I have some making up to do. My goal for this week will be to blog at least three times....we will see if I can live up to that!

Don't laugh. I had my first French class tonight so I would like to say to everyone "Bonjour! Comment allez-vous?" We really did have fun in the class. Our teacher is French Canadian and of course her native language is French. I anticipate we will be hearing some very funny English comments in this class. I plan to make a list and will share with you in the future. I will give you one example tonight: Teacher says "De French speak more straightforward. Dey do not cut around de bush!" I think there will be many going forward. Of course it is much funnier to hear it with her accent. I think the class will be fun but we have alot of homework, book to read, papers due each week and ultimately a minimum of 20 page Power Point presentation on a specific french speaking country. We will also be required to bring a french dish one evening for our dinner. She has already said that French Fries are out and French bread is out....what will I do?

In case I haven't mentioned it, my husband enjoys writing poems. We also have a poem writer among us in the blogging world....you know who you are....I will leave it up to you to come forward and present us with a blogging poem. "Would the real Poet Blogger please come forward???" Moving on, my husband has also started writing a novel. I would like to share a poem with you tonight that he has written and see what you think. In the future I would like to give you excerpts from his novel to see what you think also. Feedback of any kind is good. Here goes:

Sail Away
To speak to you of love
A message from heart to heart
Is written on pillows in tears
From too many nights apart
If ships could sail the sky of blue
Traverse the mighty deep
And carry my love on twilight's hue
A gentle kiss while you sleep
In slumbers perfect world of dreams
No night could ever be
Bright sunlit days of joys extreme
At the edge of true love's sea
Beaches of pure white sand
Oceans of crystal blue
This is my dream your love demands
Perfect just for two
Let us sail away to shores afar
Carried on winds from above
Not knowing what tomorrow brings
Hand in hand with you my love
Mitchell Allen Davidson
Copyright 2008
You may also go to the website below and rate the poem:

http://www.poetry.com/dotnet/P8585400/999/1/display.aspx


Quite a few more where that came from and if it doesn't bore you too much I may post them as well. Let us know what you think. I think you may be interested in some excerpts from the book as well. We will certainly be interested in your comments. We would love for you to share the website with others as well as there are prizes presented sometimes based on the number of votes. (solicitation...solicitation).

Quite tired tonight so I am signing off. Au Revoir!

4 comments:

Eddie said...

You can take the girl out of the country, but, you can't take the country out of the girl. FRENCH or better still FRANCHE. Either one, if it goes beyond french fries or french bread, you just might be in trouble. I'm thinking Mitchell might need to help you on this one. I took FRENCH in High School and I do not remember one thing about it. I do remember that Mr. Massengile was the teacher and he knew less than I did, as I recall. Now let's talk about this Hawaii thing. Your optimism is a bit overboard, don't you think? Correct optimism would be "I sure hope I win so I could take my Dad to some real fun place in the sun."
Now that's really the way to think about this and then I could get excited with lot's of optimism. OK, Now spell it out' "I F I W I N I W I L L T A K E M Y D A D

BethAnne said...

There is always French toast!

I already voted on this one....

And yes, would the real blogging poet please make yourself known? ;-)

alliekat said...

Bethanne you are suppose to go vote on the poem multiple times! It is a daily contest.

Mommyluann said...

How sweet! a poem writer. I do good to get "Love David" on a card! ha ha