CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

All About Me

The title is deceiving. To tell you all about me would probably be pretty boring. My sister Beth, the one I call "the professional blogger" would probably call this a random post. I don't know what to call it since I am just going to write whatever I am thinking of and maybe in the process you will learn something about me and/or my family.

*******************

I am currently going back to school to get my bachelor's degree. It is not an easy process since my brain doesn't work like it use to and my memory is always failing. A full time job, three teenagers, a husband, and school are a lethal combination at times. I should (I repeat "should") graduate in December if I don't fail or have a nervous breakdown between now and then. This summer I am taking Old Testament and New Testament. These classes are strictly from a historical perspective rather than a faith based perspective. I just took my first quiz online. I did miss 2 of the questions which on the surface doesn't seem too bad. However, considering I had the book open in front of me, you would think I would not miss any! (See what I mean about the brain!) It was a timed test and yes I do crack under pressure. I had one hour to take the test and I used 56 minutes and 6 seconds....the pressure~!

*******************

I really enjoy working with deaf people. I have worked for the past several years improving my sign language skills. I still learn new signs everyday and probably will for the rest of my life.
I will blog a little later about the deaf community and some things I have learned. It may not be interesting to everyone but there are alot of cultural differences and things everyone should know. I do get to interpret in our church services and Sunday School and really have enjoyed it.

*******************
I definitely like reality TV. This is the complete opposite of my husband who hates reality TV and loves Sci-Fi. We both like to watch movies...I like chick flicks and he likes action/sci-fi.
You ask how we ever sit down to watch anything together?
My husband works for the railroad as a conductor so he is gone frequently. He has a very strange schedule and is very often leaving for work as I am coming home or coming home as I am leaving for work. I am off on the weekends and they prefer that he work every weekend. It does make things difficult at times. We are waiting for the day that he can work what we call a "regular job" with weekends off at the railroad. Everything is based on seniority so he has to wait his turn. I know it is very difficult for him to be away from home alot and have such an odd schedule. He works very long hours (sometimes 16 hr days) but he does it for his family.

******************

I work for a Home Health Agency as a Billing Supervisor. This is a fairly new job for me and a totally different industry so I have spent alot of time "learning". It has been a very challenging thing for me but I am feeling more confident in what I am doing which makes life easier!
*******************
I did want to thank everyone that has posted comments. I haven't figured out how to respond to your comments but I will. My plan for the weekend was to get a lesson from the "professional blogger" when I was at her house. I wasn't feeling that wonderful this weekend so I didn't have an opportunity. I will have to schedule a training session with my sister.
********************
Let's try some visuals:

My husband and I:












My oldest son Brandon - 22 yrs old

















My daughter Anna - 20 yrs old













My youngest son Zachary - The baby - 16 yrs old















Here they are together!

























******************
There are two more members of our family...Allie and Jeremiah....the Golden Retrievers!
I will have to post their pictures later. I don't have them saved to my computer yet.
*******************
Not a really exciting post but gives you a little insight into my family.





































































































































































































































































4 comments:

Mommyluann said...

What do you mean not an exciting post!? I thought it was great..helps us get to know you!
Good for you for going back to school. Sometimes I'd like my master's degree, but at 41 with my kids so small I don't know! Guess that's what happens when you don't get married till you are 32 and don't have babies till you are 35!
Great Post Lisa....

Eddie said...

Well, your Dad sure hopes you are feeling better. Was worried about you. Your allowing your busy schedule to produced stress and in turn--episodes like Sat. night. You have a very beautiful family, yes I'm prejudice, but Daddy's and Granddaddy's have that right. I'm excited about you getting your degree. Just hope the three coming behind you follow suit. Good blog even though I knew most of it. Love you bunches, Dad

AnnaElizabeth said...

man. look at them good looking children!
:-)

BethAnne said...

Since I am back on the blogline it would be possible for a tutorial with your sister; however, you decided to go away for the weekend.........