CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

My First Blog

Since this is my first blog, I'm not really sure what it will be about so bear with me! I am 41 (soon to be 42 years old). I find that very scarey to say. I have never been able to understand my parents who could not remember how old they were. It was a whole process to them to think back to the year they were born and subtract that number from the current year. Then they came up with a number "they thought" was their age. While I still don't understand why it happens, it obviously happens and it is now beginning to happen to me! It is a very difficult process at times just to discover how old you are.

I have been married to my husband for 23 years. We have three children...Brandon (22), Anna (20), and Zachary (16). All three our flesh and blood with very different personalities.

  • Brandon is in College (we hope) at Tennessee Tech University. We sent him to college to learn and become smarter. Instead it appears he is slowly losing brain cells and has no idea what he wants to do in life. One thing he is pretty sure of is that he is tired of school and really wants to quit. We are in daily prayer for him that God will show him his will for his life and he will be receptive to that. In the meantime, he needs all the prayers we can send up for him!
  • Anna just graduated from a Community College with an Associates Degree in Psychology and is going to be attending East Tennessee State University in the Fall. She is still very open to what God has planned for her. I know that he is planning great and mighty things for her and I see him at work everyday in her life.
  • Zachary will be a Senior in High School in the Fall. He is obsessed with golf and Michael Jordan tennis shoes. He is working at his dream job at the golf course washing golf carts! The great part is he gets a free membership but now is experiencing less time to actually play golf. Hopefully that will change soon when summer comes and school is out.
  • As I said, I have been married to my husband for 23 years and we both love each other very much. We are finding ourselves in new territory since our children are growing up. Our whole lives have been centered around our children, their ballgames, church activities, and school activities. We found it is easy to forget what we were and what we love about each other. We are focusing more on each other now and to spend time with each other as much as possible. We love to go places together even it is to Lowe's, or the movies, or out to dinner. We have our little pop-up camper and love to get away in it for the weekend.

If you have decided to read this far, I just want you to know my goal today was to tell you a little about my family and what we are like. We are involved in our church and our children are very involved in the Youth Group. My passion at church is working with the deaf ministry and interpreting for our worship services. We currently only have 2 deaf people attending regulary but are praying that as our skills improve, God will lead more deaf people to our church as well as hearing people who are interested in working with the deaf. We are very excited that Anna and Zachary are leaving in 51 days to go on a mission trip to Nicaragua. I am a little nervous about them leaving me and going out of the country. I can't get past the fact that I know God is going to do great and amazing things while they are there. I wouldn't want them to be anywhere else. I am very anxious to see what GREAT THINGS GOD WILL DO!

Since it is getting late, I will wrap it up now and say goodnight. I look forward to talking to others and learning this blogging "stuff". As soon as someone can tell me how to get my pictures on here I will put some family pics.

6 comments:

BethAnne said...

YAY!!! You have a blog! I like the background.
In order to post pictures, you need to click on the little linky button on your blog toobar that says "add image" -the button looks like a picture of a mountain scene. Then go to the left side and click 'browse' and pull up your pictures however you normall pull them up.

Okay I am on my way to adding you to my heart list.

Mommyluann said...

Enjoyed reading about you. I am friend with your sister , my blogging buddy, bethanne. She is also my care group leader. I love your mother! I had the privelge to spend the weekend with her at the E-Women conference in Johnson City. Donna and I are also on Events team together at church. I too, am 41, almost to be 42 in June. That is hard for me to say as well. I look forward to reading your blog.

Eddie said...

So that's how old you are? Are you sure? Thanks for telling on your dad about that age thing. What goes around comes around, know what I mean Vern? Now to more serious things. I'm glad that you and Mitchell now have time to focus on each other. That's the way it should be. YOur 3 children are precious and yes Brandon needs a "fanny kickin" but what can you do with a grown adult who is trying to find himself. We know he's smart in book sense, just not in common sense. Anna is God's sweet gift and no doubt He will use her in a great way. I've always felt that way. Zach is a big teddy bear. He is a dreamer and also a very good golfer although he can't beat his granddad. I'm proud of you and your husband and gratful that you both love Jesus. Stay close and clean and as soon as someone (Beth) shows me how, I wil add your blog to my list. Love you.

BethAnne said...

I added you to daddys heart list

AnnaElizabeth said...

welcome to blogging!
we'll have to get beth to give us a tutorial on how to spice things up in this blogging world.
those are sweet things to say, momma, and i love you and daddy very much!
I am always happy when you and Dad get to spend time together!

{patty} said...

HI there! I am also a friend of your sister Beth. We are in the same SS at church and she is a daily inspiration to me.

I look forward to getting to know you through your blog!!