CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New York Mission Trip

I finally heard from my youngest son today! He left last Friday to go on a Mission Trip to New York and I have hardly heard from him since he left. Boys! My daughter would have called a couple of times a day, but not him. I have to send word through others to tell him "Call your Mother!"
My husband and I have been very worried about this trip. Zach and Anna just came back from Nicaragua and I was less worried about that trip (as far as safety) than I have been about New York. They are specifically targeting many of the inner city areas which would typically be associated with high crime areas. Their mission this week is to present the gospel to as many people on the streets of New York as possible. They are performing "skits" and "human videos" on the streets and inviting people to the ultimate "Block Party" which will be held this coming Friday. They are also going door to door inviting people to come. Zach told me today that while going door to door in an apartment complex, they knocked on a ladies door and while talking with her and inviting her to the block party, the police burst into the apartment complex and arrested the woman they were speaking with! Needless to say, this did not relieve my anxiety. He did say that they have been in some pretty scarey places and have seen some really rough looking people, but everyone has been very nice to them all week.
I was sharing this information with a lady that I work with today and how nervous I have been about the recent mission trips and my children being so far away from home, etc. She said to me "But it has to make you really proud that your children are so interested in missions and doing things like this." And then I thought.....How silly of me to be so worried about the trivial things when my children are so excited and anxious to "go ye therefore into all the world" sharing the gospel with others just like Jesus commanded. This reminder has helped me focus on what is important and what they have already discovered....the important thing is that they are sharing Jesus with a lost world. Be sure to pray for the "Block Party" this week in New York where the gospel will be presented in many different ways to people who may never go to a church or may never have the opportunity to meet Jesus any other way.

Here are a few pictures from the Nicaragua Mission Trip:


Anna and Zach the day they left








Anna and Nicaraguan children










Zachary and Nicaraguan children....Zach giving his testimony in church in Nicaragua
It was a great trip....these are just a few of the 2500 pictures.
Keep praying for my children and their youth group and the many opportunities that God is presenting to them in their lives.

5 comments:

Eddie said...

Miss Anna told me that she was going to communicate with me soon concerning their mission trip. I think what that lady said to you was exactly what you needed to hear. They belong to Christ, He is their maker and creator and He can do only what He can do and no amount of concern or worry changes any of that. They are in Great Hands, not just good hands. Would it not be awesome if your raised a "preacher boy" I will buy into that anyday. And as I have always said, God has His hand on Miss Anna and I expect great and mighty things of which most I can't even imagine or think. Love you and your precious family. Dad

BethAnne said...

I think this is awesome (not the police bust part, but you know what I mean). Just think how this kind of trip would have changed your 17 yr old thinking........He is seeing that we need missionaries here on our own soil as well as other countries. I hope someone videos these skits and human videos - wouldnt it be neat to post them on GodTube - that way aunt Beth could post it on her blog.....hint hint

donnaj said...

How hard it is to "let go and let God have His way" when it comes to our children (or grandchildren). I still have to really pray hard in order to "stay in my place" as a Mother and Grandmother and remember that my biggest role in my children's lives is to listen and pray - not advice and worry.

BethAnne said...

we pray hard that parents will stay in their place too!

Eddie said...

To Mrs. Beth, I represent that!